You will be responsible supporting the Accountants, helping to prepare paperwork for accounts, VAT and tax returns. This role requires a high level of accuracy and good administrative skills.
The Role – As a key member of the team, the candidate will be responsible for
• Bookkeeping via various software, including FreeAgent, Xero and Kashflow
• Traditional bookkeeping with paper files
• Deciphering data from client papers & spreadsheets
• Compiling VAT returns and accounts
• Applying for UTR codes, VAT registration numbers
• Dealing with external agencies such as HMRC
• Supporting the teams with ad-hoc administration and clerical tasks
• Covering reception and answering calls
What will I learn?
You will be rewarded with your SVQ level 3 in Business and Administration.
You will also learn more personal qualities such as;
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Good organisational skills
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills
• An ability to work using own initiative within boundaries
• An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
• Good team-working skills
Full training and support will be given to the candidate and we offer continued career development. We support and pay for professional qualification such as AAT & ACCA.
What qualification or qualities are required?
• Will be able to demonstrate the resolve required to deal with clients and agencies in the daily duties of this position.
• Have a high level of attention to detail.
• Will develop confidence and show they have an ability to think on their feet
• Will have good communication skills both written and telephone manner
• Will have a mature outlook, and be able to work efficiently on their own
Skills and Experience Required
• Interest in Accountancy
• Interest in
• Good attention to detail
• NAT 5 Maths
• NAT 4 English
Click here to apply