An industrial containers company based in Edinburgh are now looking to recruit a Business and Administration Modern Apprentice. All applicants should have a keen interest in working within a busy office environment.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
To ensure that the processing of all paperwork for sales and modifications is completed efficiently and accurately. To use the company’s in-house computer system to keep all pending, live and completed jobs completely up to date and to liaise with suppliers to ensure all relevant activities have been actioned and to make sure the jobs have been confirmed and transferred to accounts software accurately. To procure goods at a reduced rate to the business, follow-up on purchase orders and assist with the accounts department
Duties of Accounts Administrator and Admin Support:
- To liaise with the sales team and management on a daily basis to fully understand equipment required and grasp a sound understanding of each job.
- To assist the sales team by ensuring that all paperwork has been fully, efficiently and accurately completed to ensure all jobs run smoothly and then following up by telephone one day prior to delivery to avoid delays.
- To ensure that all relevant paperwork is within a customer’s file / order and to chase for any outstanding paperwork efficiently and with maximum notice.
- To assist the sales team and the company in achieving monetary targets.
- To be responsible for your own daily activities and prioritisation of tasks and workload.
- To keep a strong working relationship with present suppliers and develop new relationships with suppliers.
- To source pricing information and availability from suppliers as and when required.
- To organise supplier activities verbally and see through to completion using the company computer system.
- To procure goods on behalf of all company departments at a reduced and competitive rate ensuring a minimum of three quotations are obtained and keeping value for money and quality at the forefront at all times.
- To be organised and up to date at all times with the completion of paperwork and keeping all correspondence and call logs up to date within the company computer system.
- To always consider improvements, efficiency and profitability.
- Liaise with accounts, the sales team, management and company directors as required
- To document, record, administer and adhere to all Health and Safety procedures in the workplace • To build and maintain customer and supplier records and databases, attend regular sales meetings and provide clear and concise activity reports and forecasts as and when required by the company.
• To be passionate about your role within the business
What will I learn?
You will be rewarded with your SVQ level 3 in business and administration.
You will also learn more personal qualities such as;
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Good organisational skills
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills
• An ability to work using own initiative within boundaries
• An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
• Good team-working skills
What qualification or qualities are required?
You will need qualifications of National 4s and National 5s.
You will also need to have a good knowledge on Microsoft packages on the computer. Along with a good standard of knowledge in administration you will also need to have a keen interest in working in a business and administration environment
Click here to apply